Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra GT vs. Altima

Old 10-19-2001, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well isn't the engine in the altima/maxima the same in the infiniti suv/nissan frontier? if so then you can get that supercharger!
Old 10-19-2001, 12:32 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. Obviously I didn't think very many of you would be supportive of the Altima but you guys score big here. You could have flamed the hell out of me for even suggesting such a thing and you stayed civil which helps me to know that I will have a good bunch of friends around to talk about my car with. The Maxima forum people would have found out my address and sent a hit man after me for this. So thanks to you for being cool. Also, a few clarifications for anyone who cares. The Altima is not a reskined Max. It is an entirely new platform sharing designs from the Q45 and Skyline. The 3.5L V6 is an evolution of the same engine Maximas have used since 95'. Stillen has an SC kit that sucks and costs 4K eek.gif and also won't fit the 3.5L. It is the same motor as in the pathfinder. Lastly, I love the Sonata and agree that 2003 Tib parts should work just fine but I'm concerned because I MUST HAVE FORCED INDUCTION be it turbo or SC and I'm afraid no one will make anything of the sort for the V6.
Old 10-19-2001, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

If I had the money, I would of dropped 19K for the Sentra SE-R Vspec. The most underestimated car on market. 180 HP, and it has everything you could want stylewise. Of course I'm a little Nissan biased, for undisclosed reasons.
Old 10-19-2001, 02:47 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Thinking:
I MUST HAVE FORCED INDUCTION be it turbo or SC and I'm afraid no one will make anything of the sort for the V6.</div>

Make your own turbo setup. When you go that route, EVERYTHING is made for your car...it's just a matter of finding the right adapter or gasket.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:13 PM

the tranny was shifting hard between 2nd and 3rd, I went to the dealer, of course they said it was normal and matters got worse. around 10,000 , after taking a turn i tried to accelerate out of the turn but it was in neutral even tho the shift knob was in Drive and suddenly kicks in causing wheel spin even tho there is a TCS. they refilled the tranny oil, reprogrammed the Computer, took tranny apart and sealed the whole thing and changed the axle(I don't know why) and the tranny oil was leaking like hell. So i went to the dealer i like and they said something about AXLE so they were going to change that. about week later i call in and ask for my car and he says it needs new transmission which I was hoping since the beginning. NO OIL= ****ed Up Tranny

But i still like the car. and my Tibby
Old 10-22-2001, 07:50 AM

oh you did it know jvx
you want to now what i did to that pathetic r type 200 i f***ed his world up i laugh at the se-r sincerly a p-o-s
Old 10-22-2001, 09:11 AM

I hope you're joking Elantra151. I'm not a Nissan fan but you've got to respect the numbers that thing puts out.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Thinking:
The Altima is not a reskined Max. It is an entirely new platform sharing designs from the Q45 and Skyline</div>

Uh...you should go down to your local nissan dealership with a tape measure. Park the two side by side. They are 99% identical from the outside/underside. They share the same frame an unibody, same doors. The only things that are different are the trunk/hood and front/rear bumper assemblys with lights. Measure out the wheelbase, front and rear wheel track, etc...etc.. They the same as the 2002 maxima. I've seen 2 of them parked side by side at work, both inside and outside...they ARE the same frame/unibody.

The Frontier and Exterra use a 3.3L engine, not the 3.5L engine. The 3.5L engine is the Maxima/Pathfinder/Q35 engine. The 3.5 produces 255 in the Maxima/Q35, 250 in the Pathfinder, and 240 in the Altima, but it is the same engine.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Random, couldn't you of put in some words for the new Sentra SE-R?

Man, go drive one, it blows a Tib away. They are very quick and handle well. Please, go try one before you knock it.

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: HyundaiJVX ]