Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Dual Exhaust Elantra?

Old 01-06-2003, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Exhaust Elantra?

when i was doing my exhaust job. i noticed that there are some fuel components on the left side which would interfere with the location of the muffler. now i want a dual exhaust. i saw that guy with the silver 2001 elantra with dual canister exhaust(it was in some mag) and ive been thinking about redoing the system and going dual. my question is...can i relocate those components that are on the left underside into the spare tire well?...i havent gotten it on a lift yet so im not sure how complicated it would be, im going solely on memory from 5+ months ago....any info or ideas would be great
thanks
nathan king
Old 01-08-2003, 04:28 PM

i'm not familiar with the underbody of an elantra, but ANYTHING can be relocated, with $$$.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

that is the Evaporative Emissions Charcol Canister and air pump.

It can be moved, but not REMOVED. The fenderwell behind the drivers side rear tire is the best option for relocation.

Dual Exhaust on a 4 Cylinder motor is pointless. It adds weight and does not increase performance.

[ January 09, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:52 AM

i know that a dual exhaust on my car wont improve hp. i wanted it for the look but i never thought about the weight. the piping would weigh prolly 20+lbs and the muffler is another20+lbs.....thanks for the post
nathan king