Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Big Bore Throttle Body

Old 09-26-2001, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so first how much would the total cost
of the throttle bore and the big bore throttle body.

what would anyone suggest my next mod should be. i was considering the unorthodox pulley
big bore or possibly the 4-1 headers
any suggestions
Old 09-26-2001, 02:37 PM

Headers or some suspension mods...
Old 09-26-2001, 02:49 PM

If it counts for anything...my next mode will be NEW CAT-back 2.5" piping, 4-2-1, NEW BBTB (already bored out to 58mm) ..and then in a few more weeks...Onpol IM. Just took the NEW cam for a higher RPM drive...still havent hit 5k yet. What is the max RPM I should take it to within the first 500 miles? After those engine mods...whats left? Apline... wink.gif or Zex/Nos rolleyes.gif

Any suggestions..(Please post a reply in the correct thread) hehe
Old 09-26-2001, 03:46 PM

Ok, this Onpol guy sounds like some sort of mystical make believe character. I know he hangs over at fxtreme but havn't seen him there. How does it work? Do you send him your IM or would it be better to find one at a junk yard and send him that one. How long does the whole process take? And how much money would it cost to have the IM ported and polished. Thanks in advance.

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mark D' Shark ]
Old 09-26-2001, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

OnPol does hang here, he is just damn busy most of the time.

From memory, he charges $150 to $160 for the Throttle body. If you ship him yours, he sends you a bored unit the same day or next day. He keeps a spare around that is already bored, then bores out yours for the next guy.

The IM work runs another $150 to $160, but he gasket matches the intake port openings, and polishes the last 6" of the intake runners. Again, done on an exchange basis, so he ships you out an already bored/polished unit and then has the work done on yours for the next guy.

I have YET to hear of anyone being dis-satisified with the work or the shipping time. He is VERY professional.

You can reach him via onpol@caribe.net

Here are some photos of the stock unit compared to the Onpol work.
Over view comparison

Normal intake port and unpolished runner

Enlarged intake port and polished runner.
Old 09-26-2001, 09:00 PM

Onpol's great. In addition to my books, I should be getting a bored IM from him this week or next, too! I would have rec'd it much sooner, but some moron decided to smash some planes into the New York skyline, and shut down all air traffic for the rest of the week... sad.gif

Anyway, if you don't want to lose your original stock IM, he can, on occasion, find another one for you. He isn't a parts dealership, though, so he might not always be able to do this. If he can't, and you still don't want to send off your own, then find a junkyard IM and send him that one. I got lucky...I asked him about locating an IM for me at just the right time, and I scored Ropeman's for $100. The port job itself was $175. That's a steal of a deal for something of this nature done by someone with so much experience!
Old 10-01-2001, 12:15 PM

i was wondering if you guys think i should do the underdrive first and then go a head with the port and polished throttle body and runners(i am going to do at the same time)
please i need help.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

I would reccomend the BTB/BIM first. But then again, I'm not a fan of the underdrive pullies.
Old 10-01-2001, 02:03 PM

Random:
i know you have yold me before why you
dont like the pullies but please refresh my memory

ps please answer my supercharger post
Old 10-01-2001, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

The under drive pullies remove the stock harmonic dampner. This can lead to crank shaft vibration and "resonance" which can kill crank journal bearings, which rapidly kills the crank and can kill the block.

I use the word "can" on purpose. Some people swear by them and say they are 100% safe. I would simply not risk my motor for 5 HP I can gain by other, safer means.