Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

4-2-1 headers on 2000 Elantra

Old 10-22-2001, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-2-1 headers on 2000 Elantra

Ok, I know a minimum about cars here, I am in the process of learning about Civics....blah.. all my friends drive civics and they are making them performance rides, my buddy, and i just swapped his CRX with a B16A, we havent gotten his V-Tec working because he has an unneccessary pin in his subharness that is for his VTec Cellanoid(sp?) but anyway, has anyone put a 4-2-1 header on a 2000 elantra, and what all will it take. I realize I'll have to get the 2nd hole drilled for the O2 censor, but what else. I don't think that my stock exhaust will fit the new header, is any of this true?
Old 10-22-2001, 05:06 AM

http://webhome.idirect.com/~trini/car/elantra.html

Brendan's website will help.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:46 AM

yeah my site just go to my site, and make me do more work smile.gif
Old 10-24-2001, 01:39 AM

brendan - i read most of the information on your site concerning exhaust. I was wondering i didnt see you write what size you got and were you purchased it. also someone above mentioned a vert CAI mounted onto the exhaust manifold. do you need to replace the manifold too? can you still put headers on? also were did you purchase your auto tranny cooler?
Old 10-24-2001, 02:19 AM

Don't mean to answer for brendan but you will obviously be removing the stock manifold and replacing it with the headers - so you will not need it at all. You will probably want to just get a custom 2.5" exhaust with high flow cats. I am getting th e 421 header for my tib and that's what I'm doing. AFAIK, all the cat backs on the market right now (kore isn't selling yet) won't fit my CA emission tib without serious mod, so a custom is better and cheaper. Just pay the extra for mendrel bends and high quality muffler / catbacks.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:23 AM

can you provide link for info on catbacks etc.. ??
Old 10-24-2001, 03:33 AM

My cat back is from Brullen, the link is some where in my links page. it was designed to fit the shark 421 headers and coems with a replacement cat, it's not cheap, I still need to take more pics, mine is 2.5" due to the mods I have, 2.25 is fine for most N/A but I'm a lil past that.