Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Winter weather windows?

Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Winter weather windows?

Now that the winter/rain season has come, what can one do to keep the moisture down on the inside of the car? So as it's raining and cold right now, it's just fogging up the inside of the windows. But as I've found, as soon as it starts freezing, the moisture ends up frosting the inside of the windows.

I can't park my Accent inside the garage because it's being taken up my wifes car.

I don't know what it is, but when I lived in an apartment last winter, there was no issue with this parking under the carport.

Maybe a car cover?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Run with the air conditioner on (yes, even if you are using the heater) to remove humidity from the air. Dry air can't condense & freeze water on your cold windows.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 hyundai accent ,1986 Pontiac fiero v8

My 2010 As Soon As U Put On The,Defroster Iy Kicks On The Ac Drives Me nuts
Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Without removing the humidity from the air, your defroster would only heat the air. Hot air can carry more water. More water, to condense on your windows. The a/c must run to remove water from the air, or it is not going to "defrost" the inside of your windows very well.