Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Turbo Able?!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Is the car/engine turbo able. Yes.

Is the owner turbo able. Right now, I'm gonna say no.

Go out and buy or get from your local library "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. It will teach you want you don't even know you don't know.

Then you'll be able to answer your own questions regarding is it able, and how much HP will I get.

If your budget is $500-$1500, no, not able. You might find a used system, but even then, who's going to install it and tune it for you. Sorry, unless you have the skills/knowledge, $500-$1500 won't do it. Turbo able Fail.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 / Hyundai / Verna

actually i dont have any experience with turbo systems, and i am in a third world country so it's not common here, and my car is worh 8000 so im not willing to spend as half of it's price on a turbo i can just get another if i had the money ofcourse, and nobody knows in syria how to tune the engine!, so i might aswell learn!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

And please PLEASE read the rules about the way you type. This isn't a forum for "leet speek". Please use proper sentences, capitalizations, and not txting abbreviations, etc. I understand you're from Syria, so I can totally understand if there's a little language barrier (although most of your sentences look like they're fine, so I don't think language is an issue at all), but please write things properly. Primarily because it's the rules, but also you'll get better responses for people if you put a little work behind your posts.

Things like:

well i dont knw , u tell me!
Should have been:

I haven't planned out how much I'm willing to spend on this project yet. I'm first trying to see how much it would cost before I set price boundaries.
Thanks.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 AM

ok , thanks i will try my best :biggrin:
Old 05-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think you need to turn down your ambitions and think of a better way to get your hands dirty and learn your car. Maybe some headers and an intake will be a good place to start for you. I don't know what your level of experience is, but start small first.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 AM

yeah that's probably better, do u think i should get a genesis or a wrx?! im not looking for 4 seats car it doesnt matter to me!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Genesis
Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

do some research.. then do more research about the research you just did.. then get some deep pockets.. you don't even need maximum boost, just research on the interwebs.. much more specific information on the web.

then if you still are wanting to turbo, come up with a reasonable budget (MUCH higher than 1500$) and add about 15-20% for all the things you haven't thought of.. then take your time to boost and check everything 3 times..

voila, 6 months later, 3000$ later, you have 70 more hp and are boosted.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by turbosocks
do some research.. then do more research about the research you just did.. then get some deep pockets.. you don't even need maximum boost, just research on the interwebs.. much more specific information on the web.

then if you still are wanting to turbo, come up with a reasonable budget (MUCH higher than 1500$) and add about 15-20% for all the things you haven't thought of.. then take your time to boost and check everything 3 times..

voila, 6 months later, 3000$ later, you have 70 more hp and are boosted.
thanks man but i think im dumping the project , too much on an accent!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

its going to cost the same on any car.. accent, talon, eclipse, cavalier, bmv, civic, minivan, pickup truck, wrangler.