Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

transmission rebuild specs

Old 01-25-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent
Default transmission rebuild specs

as some of you might remember, i managed to trash my manual trans in my accent this past summer. i did take the thing apart and looks so far like its just a bearing that went and nothing more.

now the big problem i'm running into before buying new parts is getting my hands on the specs for rebuild. torque specs, clearances, etc. if i'm doing this i want to take my time and measure everything up to ensure that its just the bearing and nothing else. wouldn't mind having a spare trans around!!

these days it seems that hyundai is no longer letting dealers repair the transmissions - they are simply swapping them out with a refurb from factory. great business practice, but makes getting that info difficult.

there is nothing of this sort on hmaservice.com. anyone know where i can get this info? if i get a factory repair manual for my 2004 off ebay would it have this info or did they stop giving that out even back then?

thanks.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I'd ask a local transmission shop if THEY have access to the information
Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Iirc my old workshop manual had some of the specs you needed.

The problem is that even if mine DID have all the specs, they are for an X3 gearbox which does have some different parts. I'll double check for you this afternoon dude
Old 01-26-2012, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

thanks but im pretty sure its different too. i found a 2003 shop manual with the transmission section...yay? well not really. the manual rebuild section is apparently a separate book. balls.