Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Said goodbye to my Accent the other day

Old 02-16-2014, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Default Said goodbye to my Accent the other day

My first car, bought 2 years ago with 74000 kms,a 2004 GS. Sold her to her 3rd owner on the weekend (If cars could talk to each other, she probably had some choice words for the Genesis when I brought it home a few months ago)This was the car that made me proud to be a Hyundai owner, the little thing ran like a tank and was mechanically solid.Other than being rusty from salty maritime weather/roads, I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts another 10 years
Old 02-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I often wonder what happened to my accent. I let it go with 50k miles for my XD (that is still sitting outside not doing much). I thought I saw my HD on a lot yesterday, but it was an automatic with the same rims I had on mine when I traded it for the genesis. The only one I don't really miss was my sonata. GREAT! Commuter car.. but other than that, it was very meh in terms of fun to drive and it had zero personality to it. (06 with an auto and the 2.4)
Old 02-16-2014, 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I sold my Accent last summer (04 gsi). I know where the guy that bought it works, so when I'm in the area I take a drive by and see it every once in a while. I bought it new in Oct of 2003, never drove it once in the winter, and it was stored in a garage it's WHOLE life. The car had a few mods and was lowered. It was in showroom condition despite being 10 years old. Last time I saw it, it was covered in salt and snow, back to stock height and had a rather large dent in the rear quarter I just about fainted. I sold it for WAY more than I ever thought I would get for it, and to be honest, I don't really miss it that much, but it's still sad to see it now. Last time I drove by I could have swore I heard my old car call me an as*hole. LOL!