Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

MC owners, Qtr windows loose?

Old 02-26-2014, 05:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default MC owners, Qtr windows loose?

A few years ago the rear quarter window in our '09 started leaking, shortly after that there was some ail damage to the roof and the dealer wanted to blame the leak on that. We've been garage keeping her quite a while now, and I just took her to the joint that did the repairs when she was t-boned, fixed her all up nice for cheap. Hence goes the concern:

Little did I know that's a bolt in window. I always assumed it was fix with adhesive like most, so never though much of it. However when they removed the window they found that 2 of the studs had completely broken off of the plastic bracket that hold the window in place. Now, rather than order new glass (since the bezel and the glass are all one piece) I just had them shave off the studs and use adhesive to apply the glass, as imho should have been done in the first place. The entire bezel look really REALLY cheap. The studs themselves were just small bolts held onto the bezel with basically plastic weld, and that melty plastic just gave away. As I suspected it was a warranty issue and the dents had nothing to do with it.

Has anyone else had leaking windows in the rear?

Not sh*t I can do about it now, well outside of that end of the warranty. Just pure curiosity. Plus if this solve can help other owners with the same issue, that would be sweet.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:45 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Interdasting. Do you have any photos?

And yeah I would have thought it'd be far cheaper/easier/more reliable for the OEM to just glue the windows in instead of having some rickety plastic bracket holding it there.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:30 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I wish I had taken some pictures, but I didn't really have an opportunity.