Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Pulsating in brake pedal

Old 08-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent
Default Pulsating in brake pedal

About a month ago I changed my front brakes on my 04 Accent 1.6L. At the time I had a sticking slider pin on both calipers, to which was fixed. The car since was driving fine with no problems till last week. I got a grinding noise from my rear brakes, they had to be replaced. So today I replaced them. I had the adjuster pin adjusted all the way in and at the time loosen my ebrake cable to make it easier to remove. Put everything back together pumped the brake brake to reajust the brakes and adjusted the ebrake cable again to 8 clicks. Thing is that now I got a pulsating in the brakes, less I am going under 15 kms. What could be causing this??????? Lastly, the ebrake locks the right wheel more then the left, This mean there is something wrong with the cable??? There is no signs that the brakes are grabbing more on one side then the other. No pulling of the back end. Just the pulsating. They are new spring set, new shoes and new drums.

Thanks for any help. All I touched was the back brakes so assuming the problem is with them, not the front.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

The cable sounds like it might be sticking. Check all pivot points and lube. The rear brakes can be adjusted by putting the car in reverse and driving slowly while pushing the brake pedal in and out 3 or 4 times.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by pas1216
The cable sounds like it might be sticking. Check all pivot points and lube. The rear brakes can be adjusted by putting the car in reverse and driving slowly while pushing the brake pedal in and out 3 or 4 times.

Ok but what would cause the pulsating? Out of round drum, brake cylinder? Was told to always adjust the ebrake first. That be right?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

The pulsating could be caused by the e-brake sticking. Not too sure what order they should be adjusted but I don't think it matters. It could also be a out of round drum?????? I double check to make sure nothing is sticking.