Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

My 2003 Accent - what next?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skierd @ Apr 11 2008, 11:24 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Gotcha.

With what you want from the car, I wouldn't bother with the beta swap unless you have your heart set on it. Just turbo the alpha. You should be able to piece something together for about $1500.

Something that would be more fun would be an ITB kit. I was going to use a megaspark to control ignition, and then find a set of carb's from a mid-90's 1000cc I4 sport bike, find a low pressure fuel pump, and have at. Its what I was going to do with my 98 had I kept the car and gotten the suspension sorted. You could do the same with fuel injection, just pick the same units from a late model bike that had FI instead and use megasquirt to tune.

Aftermarket clutches can be/should be lighter than stock, and help the way a flywheel helps. They also have more gripping power and more aggressive lockup, so the time spend waiting for the clutch to stop slipping and start transmitting power is reduced.</div>

Ditto...the beta would be a lot of fun but if your true goal is just to have a quick fun car...thats what I have...my car feels great. Its quick off the line I can easily pass car with good speed even in 5th gear. Of course even getting on the freeway is by far the best Ive felt. Im only running 5 psi on a cmpleatly stock setup. So i say the same thing. turbo the Alpha. The only thing you will need to sel and change is the headers. You can later get a clutch. I got a brand new one that Stien on HP said he would sell me. I can ask him how much he will let it go for and its specs. for you if you want?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Thanks Fintile, but don't bother checking on the clutch for me. When I'm ready I'll get one but not for a while yet.

So you're running 5PSI on a bone stock engine without any ECU or fueling upgrades whatsoever? Not even larger injectors? Do you have a wideband or did you have your AFR checked on the dyno at least? I don't remember seeing underhood pics of your setup. What exactly do you have?

The Alpha isn't bad, T-WING had 244whp on his 1.6l LC2 turbo. The reasons I would switch would be just for fun and that I can at least get new internals for the Beta if I want to.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

hey floyd i was wondering if the mobis grille you bought was any good?? just asking cause my grille is starting to bleach cause of the sun and i was thinking about getting the mobis one from evofusion.....
Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Administrator

That's a difficult question to answer properly...

I love the way the grille looks, but it's made of plastic. The dumb thing is that in their infinite wisdom the entire grille was painted in a base coat of chrome with the black painted on top of the chrome. The black paint doesn't stick to the chrome paint very well at all. Rocks, bugs, and washing the car chip the black paint off and reveal the chrome below which shows up extremely obviously.

I think the grille would be fine but I would sand down and at least roughen the chrome paint underneath and repaint the black onto the grille.

Here's how badly the black paint was falling off:

And here's what it looked like after my repaint:

I also had to repaint a lot of the front bumper because the factory paint was peeling too.

But if you do properly repaint the grille I think you would be okay.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Id love to get a new grill but the OEM Aussie one would be cool!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Administrator

I'll bet someone would send you the OEM Aussie one for free.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 PM

whats the aussie one look like????? i thought it was the same as the mobis
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

It's black with a chrome surround.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Apr 17 2008, 07:17 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I'll bet someone would send you the OEM Aussie one for free.</div>
i wish sad.gif .... that thing would look sexy on my black A-gt
Old 04-19-2008, 11:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Apr 17 2008, 02:47 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>That's a difficult question to answer properly...

I love the way the grille looks, but it's made of plastic. The dumb thing is that in their infinite wisdom the entire grille was painted in a base coat of chrome with the black painted on top of the chrome. The black paint doesn't stick to the chrome paint very well at all. Rocks, bugs, and washing the car chip the black paint off and reveal the chrome below which shows up extremely obviously.

I think the grille would be fine but I would sand down and at least roughen the chrome paint underneath and repaint the black onto the grille.

Here's how badly the black paint was falling off:

And here's what it looked like after my repaint:

I also had to repaint a lot of the front bumper because the factory paint was peeling too.

But if you do properly repaint the grille I think you would be okay.</div>
what do you attach it to??????