Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Hyundai Accent bashing :(

Old 06-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o0kat0o @ Jun 6 2009, 11:34 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>I always thought the viper had bad handling to begin with.. just the speed</div>
Welcome to the site!

Vipers actually handle pretty well, but they're better suited to more open courses than super tight ones.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

I don't run into this too much, but then again I haven't really been "cruising" or whatever in ages. However, if people ask I just say it is because it is what I wanted to do. No need to defend or explain your actions to anybody. I don't think there's really anybody out there that feels their stock Accent is all that fast and is suddenly surprised to be told "that thing is a slow piece of crap!" from some dude at the gas station that happens to be rolling in his mom's Accord.

My personal reasons:
Had a early 90s Excel that was a tank
My 03 Accent was cheap and very similar to the old one
I have a big stereo and can still haul more than some SUVs smile.gif
Old 07-16-2009, 10:59 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Unperfect @ May 31 2009, 05:30 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>You aint kidding. One might think we would all band together, because in the end....we love cars. but i guess thats not the case.</div>

It's just in our nature to be competitive. Just like army, navy, marines, national guard and all our armed forces all talk SH*T on each other even tho they are still on the same side. But I will bet you they would not go in to battle without each other.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Jun 6 2009, 03:41 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Sig:
Men who drive Accents must not be compensating for anything. wink.gif</div>

Course that takes me back to when I was driving my moped. Guy and gf pull up next to me @ a light in a RX-8, dude said, (real a$$ holish tone) "Why don't you get a real car?"

I looked at his gf and replied, "Unlike some men, *snobbishly looked at his car* I needed to take a few inches off." Even she laughed at him.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Haha, awesome. smile.gif
Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(03AccentVA @ Jul 16 2009, 09:48 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Course that takes me back to when I was driving my moped. Guy and gf pull up next to me @ a light in a RX-8, dude said, (real a$$ holish tone) "Why don't you get a real car?"

I looked at his gf and replied, "Unlike some men, *snobbishly looked at his car* I needed to take a few inches off." Even she laughed at him.</div>
epic win.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Accent GS

Yeah there really are just a ton of hyundai haters out there. Many people just assume ah its a hyundai, what a piece of sh*t. crazy.gif Even myself, my dad and i used to make fun of them every time we saw them. Then my mom suprised me with my first car, and what do you know it was a Hyundai Accent GS. hyper2.gif It was perfect for me. I had always wanted a hatch back and it was more than i ever couldve asked for. Interior quality was second to none in its class. Interior road noise is incredibly unnoticeable, great sticky breaks, a crisp stereo system, and fun to drive! I obviously am not a hater anymore, and i try to tell anyone who is that Hyundai is a great manufacturer and they are moving up in the industry fast. I love my car, for the money you really cant beat it. I dont understand why people are so ignorant headshake.gif
Old 09-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^well said there. it goes as far as people in our community being ignorant and they forget that back in the 80's and 90's, every car was similar to any Hyundai. But nope, they compare today's cars to the Hyundais of back then. There is simply nothing to compare.

Prime example:

today they would say this was a POS:

but forget that this was it's fair competitor then:

all because today they compare both above to this today:

next time someone nags you about your car, ask them if theirs has endured the East African Safari World Rally and has been driven by Juha Kankkunen. If they don't know, then that proves their understanding of the world.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:37 AM

Vehicle: 2007 hyundai accent se

i know this topic is probably dead by now but this is my 1st post so i need to start somewhere........When anyone starts talkin crap about my 07 accent se(idk how to put pic in sorry) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3340962 ...i just tell them how much i paid for it and how longs its supposed to last me.If they ask why i modify it, its because its a lifestyle(my car is my life and i want it to reflect my personality...thats why its all black smile.gif I am a full time college student and i work all the time when im not@school.My car payment is only $200 a month and insurance is $100/month. I love to work on my car and thats why it looks the way it does.I wanted a nissan 350z but i dont have the money for that and its not a practical car.i need to commute to school and work so 29mpg is exactly what i need, not 300hp thats gonna get me pulled over every 3 seconds cuz thats how long it takes to get to 60 smile.gif. All the people that love civics and hate everyone elses cars are just ignorant!there are thousands of types of cars for a reason, because everyone has a preference.When shopping for my car i searched for 2 dr hatchbacks and i found the Accent, I had NEVER seen one of them even though they had been out for years. the accent reminds me of a peugeot or any other european car. I love it, i dont care what anyone else says because its mine, and its slow on purpose, just the way i like it smile.gif. thanks for reading this everyone
Old 06-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Accent GS HB

I know this is bringing the dead to life but I liked the topic. I just simply ask people "is your car fun to drive and still gets over 32mpg? Didn't think so."