Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Hyundai Accent bashing :(

Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch

Honestly I have a list of local ass wipes I'm gonna Murder at Beaver Springs Flashlight drags. I am sooooo pumped to get this swap running!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

What do I say?

"Your mom says the back seat is pretty comfortable."

Besides that, if they want to race they can meet me at the next autox. On short tight courses I have beat good drivers in Vipers despite the fact that I'm far from a great autox driver.

Seriously though, if I'm in the mood to argue points instead of making fun of how their giant head really ruined their mom's vag just get knowledgeable about cars in general so that you can pick their car apart flaw by flaw until they lost the argument. If you can't do that you'll never come out on top...unlike with their mom.

One thing I've found is that the Accent is just more fun to drive. I have hopped in the Accent instead of the 400hp Firebird or the Tib many times based solely on the Accent being funner to drive. I can flog it without hitting triple digit speeds. In the Firebird I can accelerate from zero to faster than legal anywhere in the United States in about 7 seconds. That's fun, once or twice, but that means I barely drive the car hard or tap into 1/4 of it's potential. The Accent is fun because running to 75mph requires shifting into 4th gear. You've got a lot more to do and it's fun.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Interesting story ono Car Domain about being different and setting trends:

http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/03/30/black...n=hp-exclusives
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

I dont see that trend happening anytime soon.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Accent

I realize this topic is a bit old, but I relate. I have had haters talkin trash about my ride since day one. I post on cardomain as unperfect. I think we all know that there is no shortage of haters over there. lol. I recently finsihed a huge transformation with my car and it seems I get even less respect now. Where are all the people that like show cars? I built my car to be pretty....thats it. The performance upgrades I have are for the aesthetic qualities only. I wouldn't dump time and money into my ride just to risk it all by racing. I can't figure why some people think cars should only be built to race. When someone tells me that I should have done stuff to the engine instead of the lambos...then says something to the effect of: hyundais are slow ricey trash not worth working on, it makes me wonder about their sanity. Just the other day I was cruising my car with my friend in her 240, we stop at a light and some kids in a beat 89 honda hatch with a sticker on the back gave me a thumbs down! I was fuming. What kind of person does that? If I had seen him park, he would have been done. I can't imagine giving anyone a thumbs down for loving what they drive.

How could you give that a thumbs down?! lol
Old 05-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

People are just ignorant. They think Hyundai is a low grade car and they become closed minded. Anything that isnt JDM, they think doesnt matter. Whats funny is, you have the Domestic muscle owners hating on Imports, and you have the Honda/Toyota/Mitsu owners hating on everything else. Its so dumb.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Accent

You aint kidding. One might think we would all band together, because in the end....we love cars. but i guess thats not the case.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yeah some people forget that not everyone has the same goals. I respect show cars, but I don't want one and don't want to build one. I also don't like the ratty all race cars for the street. So I find a balance that works for me between show and go.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Accent SE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(187sks @ Mar 30 2009, 06:49 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>What do I say?

"Your mom says the back seat is pretty comfortable."

Besides that, if they want to race they can meet me at the next autox. On short tight courses I have beat good drivers in Vipers despite the fact that I'm far from a great autox driver.

Seriously though, if I'm in the mood to argue points instead of making fun of how their giant head really ruined their mom's vag just get knowledgeable about cars in general so that you can pick their car apart flaw by flaw until they lost the argument. If you can't do that you'll never come out on top...unlike with their mom.

One thing I've found is that the Accent is just more fun to drive. I have hopped in the Accent instead of the 400hp Firebird or the Tib many times based solely on the Accent being funner to drive. I can flog it without hitting triple digit speeds. In the Firebird I can accelerate from zero to faster than legal anywhere in the United States in about 7 seconds. That's fun, once or twice, but that means I barely drive the car hard or tap into 1/4 of it's potential. The Accent is fun because running to 75mph requires shifting into 4th gear. You've got a lot more to do and it's fun.</div>

I always thought the viper had bad handling to begin with.. just the speed
Old 06-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Accent SE

Hey guys I am new to the forum.. Of course coming across this topic and couldnt help but add my 2 cents.. angel.gif

Being a female in the car mod world i get a few people more interested in what i have under my hood. i pretty much have the SRI, Buddy club condenser kit, and an aftermarket magnaflow muffler for performance, but i have more cosmetic differences.. Anyways, I always tell them the warranty is what sold me, and adding extra mods to make the car more my own is just a hobby.