Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Hyundai Accent 2002 Stock - How to Upgrade?

Old 07-13-2002, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyundai Accent 2002 Stock - How to Upgrade?

Dear all experts:

I have just bought a new 2002 accent vehicle. I heard that adding a turbocharger to the car will boost its HP to something around 210, is it true?
If yes, where can I find such charger?

I want to boost my car's HP up to around 150. What do you recommend as an upgrade to my vehicle? (eg. in terms of intake, engine upgrade etc.) and where can I find them?

Thanks! I hope I am not too annoying!

Best regards,
Joseph Lam
Appwalk Technologies Canada
Old 07-13-2002, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Welcome to the forums man! First off, do a search on here, ther information has already been posted and is waiting for you to find it. If somthing particular is not avalible, we'll try to help you with it.
Old 07-13-2002, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Welcome!

For performance products take look at...

Shark Racing

There are less Accent parts avalible than the amount avalible for the Tiburon or Elantra, but the demand is growing.
Old 07-13-2002, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Joseph-

For the turbocharger, check out www.rpw.com.au Shark Racing is one of the USA distributors for RPW.

For *bolt on* parts, I don't think you can get an accent motor to 150 at the wheels, unless you do some serious work. The usual mods of Header, Intake, Full Exhaust, Bored out Throttle Body, Bored out Intake manifold should get you about an extra 10 or 20 HP to the wheels. After that, things get sort of expensive.

The low cost HP option is Nitrous Oxide. I suggest you do some reading on this forum, and the various different Nitrous Oxide Kit company websites as to how they work, and which one would be best for your engine, and the HP level you desire. Nitrous kits can be as *cheap* as $400 to $500, and they go up from there. To a certian extent, you get what you pay for, so be careful, the cheapest kit is not necessarly the best for what you want to do, or for your particular application.