Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Fuel pump ?

Old 01-06-2002, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump ?

Hey Random I know we have talked about this before but will the stock fuel pump on my accent hold up to a turbo? I'm buying the stock setup from a turbo scoup so the boost preasure wont be that high.

If I do need a fuel pump what is a good upgrade?
What kind of price am I looking at?
Also are they a direct replacement for my stock pump? Meaning will it go in the same location as my stock one?
Old 01-06-2002, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I don't know the flow ratings for the accent pump, nor do I know which units would work as a replacement.

If I remember right, I read that when the guys in Korea do the 2.0L beta swap into an accent, they use the tiburon/Elantra 2.0L fuel pump. So that leads me to belive that the tibby fuel pump would work, and would be an upgrade path for you.

Cheuk or one of the other members in korea would know better, as I'm going from memory here. Let me see if I can find the schematics on the Accent pump and tibby pump and I can at least eyball it for ya to see if they look/mount up similar.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pumps are different but similar size, so if it fits a tib it will fit in the Accent ( the walbro hi flow tib/elantra pumps fit the accents )