Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

custom true CAI for accent w/automatic

Old 12-01-2001, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom true CAI for accent w/automatic

I know a lot of people said that you couldnt make a true CAI for the auto accent. well I did it. i have to give some credit to random for giving me ideas. thanks random it works very good.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/erikgsi/lst?&.d....src=ph&.view=t
Old 12-01-2001, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Does the filter reside in the fendewell, or just at the bottom of the engine bay?

You should heatwrap that tubing, as the under hood heat will quickly heat up that metal tubing, causing it to heat up the intake air. I found over a 20 Degree temp drop just by heat wraping my cai, and that was fenderwell air!
Old 12-01-2001, 09:06 AM

yeah i will heat wrap it when i get the chance. it goes down all the way to the plastic guards on the bottom and all the way to the side under the battery, then it runs into the fender well. even without the heat wrap im very pleased with the results but im sure it will be much bette heat wrapped. I can paint the heat wrap when im done right?
thanks again random. by the way how does it look? in your opinion.

-E

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: erikgsi ]
Old 12-01-2001, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You can paint the heat wrap with any high temp engine or brake caliper paint. However, if you paint it too thick, it will chip/flake off the fabric, so don't go crazy with the spray paint!

I like the way it looks so far, but can you give some shots from under the car where the filter is? It sounds like you have it doing a "U" shape under the car, rather than punching a hole through. I'm just worried that it is a tad too long. It's harder to suck through a long straw vs a short one...*grin*

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 12-01-2001, 01:11 PM

my damn dig. camera decided to quit on me. i dont know what is wrong with it. it is saying cf on the display. well ill get pics as soon as i get another cam to take them with. maybe i can borrow someones?
wink.gif
Old 04-24-2002, 02:59 PM

Hey this looks pretty nice.
What materials did you have to buy/make?