Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

bucking

Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 hyundai accent (beta swap in process)
Default bucking

I have a 00 Accent and my problem is as followed, while driving it feels as though the motor is going in and out of limp mode. ill be cruising at about 2800 rpms and it will like loose power and as soon as it does it comes right back causeing a jerking or bucking feeling and every now and then a back fire pop in the exhaust just depending if i let off the gas when it happens or not, i do have a check engine light but never fails it goes off before i can make it to the parts store to get it read. it also does it sometimes when accelerating but hardly ever after you get the rpms up past 3500. now the things ive dont to try and fix this are, replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, and coil packs, i dont think it matters but u have also changed the water pump and thermostate, reason i dont think it matters is that it was doing it before i changed it. can someone please help the only other thing i can think it might be is the fuel pump.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:58 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

This exact same thing happened to me in my old car (much older) and it turned out to be a faulty temperature sensor. It constantly thought the car over heating. It's like a $20 part online, so hopefully that solves your problem. Also, even if the CEL is off, the codes should still be stored. Have it checked even if the light is off. My 80s Corolla was able to tell me why the CEL was coming on and it didn't even have OBDII.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Buy an OBDII scanner that can read your live data. You can see whether you have any unusual readings.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:08 AM

in the past year ive put a new crank sensor , iac , tps , maf , both O2's , plugs , wires , coil pack , thermostat , and water pump problem started when i changed back to factory thermostat from a 170 degree one so the check engine light would stay off since the thermostat ive changed the water pump, plug, wires, and coils i even went back and put the 170 Degree thermostat back in just to check bad thing is i have poly urethane front and rear mounts and i went and filled the voids of a transmission mount with poly urethane so every little hiccup i feel and this bucking is driving me crazy. the other thing i thought about was maybe my trans i have the 5 speed manual and the diffarental is going bad again from where i slammed it (ive raised it back up some)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:38 AM

it was the maf
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

wrong direction? faulty sensor? What about the MAF caused it?