Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Back from Trashcanistan!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Accent
Default Back from Trashcanistan!

Hey guys! Just back from Afghanistan, thought I'd throw out a post. I know I was only on here for maybe 20 posts before I left, but believe me: I am DEDICATED to Hyundai performance! Which makes for some tense moments at work, since I work at a Honda dealership and am the only person there that doesn't own a Honda. LOL. Figured I'd post some pics of my Accent:

This was a week and a half ago.

Now, on to the part to make me cry... Yesterday:

Apparently, that bottom bar was putting a LOT of tension on the kit. Insert two weeks of driving on Missouri roads, and it exploded, showering cross traffic with steel rods and fiberglass debris. Five minutes after getting a ticket for failing to have my insurance card on me. Grr. On the plus side, my ever loving wife gave me an ultimatum: either i get a new, Evo5 Duraflex body kit, or I get my beta swap. With Eibach suspension. Which one do you think I chose...? So I'm gonna be ordering the motor, F1 flywheel, etc next week and hopefully installing it fairly soon after.

Again, much love, HA.O rocks my world!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

thanks for your service

if you need help figuring out the beta swap dont hesitate to ask
Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That sucks! Looked pretty great.

What paint is that?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i'm suprised the cops from jeffco didn't shoot you first and then ask why you didn't have your insurance card with you,lol. get a new bumper along with the beta swap for now that is what i would do.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Yeah well, I kinda got a JC cop fired right before I deployed... He gave me a ticket for my white washer lights, refused to write what ordnance I was in violation of, and told me that wasn't his job. I very politely filed a formal complaint with his supervisor and internal affairs, explicitly stating I wasn't upset about his decision to give me a ticket, only his attitude and performance while doing so. Apparently IA agreed with me more... and as to the shoot first, sounds more like cole county! Ask my buddy with the bullet wound in his arm and ongoing suit vs cole county lol!

The paint color? well, the black is satin black (aka, hot rod black) primer; the blue is pearlized blue waterbased airbrush color from Hobby Lobby.

as for help? HELP!! lol j/k i've got jsharp's DIY bookmarked. Found a good motor with the stuff i need, including exhaust manifold and ecu; F1 racing makes an 11 lb flywheel; and this clutch company makes this wonderful 6 puck clutch for the S-coupe. (already have a stage three in mine now; actually drives better than the stock one, if that tells you what condition the original clutch was in at 93,000 miles!) Although, if anyone knows where I could buy a pre-fabbed motor mount, it would be appreciated. Or even email me really good pics of one so i can start now.

And I'm probably gonna fab a "nascar" style front bumper; solid sheet of fiberglass, cuz it's quick and easy til tax time when i can get the Evo5 kit. And don't be surprised when you see this beasty with full Subaru Impreza EKC badging...

Subaru Impreza EKC: As an experiment into the small car segment, Subaru Motors produced a two door, I4 FWD variant of the Impreza in 2001-2002, similar to the original Impreza. However, instead of giving the option of FWD or AWD, they partnered with Hyundai to produce an FWD only, traditional 4 cylinder powered grocery getter. Due to lackluster reviews and poor performance, the experiment was canceled after a limited production run.

.. Or so the story's gonna go. Hehe. I'm gonna confuse SO many people with this car!

True story: If you really want a hood scoop, BUY ONE. That one on my hood took FOREVER to build ourselves and mold in. Good lord, the amount of time just getting all the curves and angles exactly symmetrical was RIDICULOUS.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:30 AM

Faith: awesome quote, by the way! Simply hope MY wife never sees it...since i'm the only one in the relationship with wrecks on record, etc. I'll never hear the end of it!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:04 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

You should drop a beta in her,turbo it,and then really show up your fellow workers at Honda! :biggrin:
Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Return the body back to stock looking, and drop a beta in it. Keep it a total sleeper. Not feeling the black paint or that kit, so turn it into a real clean Honda eating sleeping machine!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd at least fix that bumper so it looks modified or stock instead of just plain wrecked before anything else
Old 10-30-2010, 12:17 PM

Yeah... 'BOUT that bumper... Dunno what's going on with it. If i happen to get it somewhat jury rigged together the way i want, I'll post pics.

And the paint is only primer; it's not staying that color, probably just through the winter. Kinda nice knowing that it's easily fixable.

about my workplace: oddly enough, same dealership owns Hyundai. Most of the hyundai techs own honda too. I am so picked on lol!