Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

2004 Hyundai Accent Modification Tips & Help

Old 06-23-2012, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004/Hyundai/Accent

Originally Posted by OTECTom
That ECU reset should be perfectly safe, and I would do it.

Glad to see you're making progress!

Thank You for your help buddy....

So the ECU reset instructions were for a 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse, since the intake was for a 95-99 Eclipse, does the ECU Reset with the same instructions for the Hyundai Accent if not? How do you reset it?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Unplug your negative lead to the battery for a few minutes, 2 hours is overkill.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Wow... I was I was one here sooner. Well sounds like you got you choices made up. I will still throw in my thoughts just for the sake of another opinion but 187 is right. N/a mods are pointless unless you enjoy the power the car makes. Me however I was greedy and wanted more. Wish I had these guys on here and with the knowledge they all mow have when I was just starting out. Anyway long story short. I sold off all but my custom cat-back and went the turbo route. Not saying every engine is the same but I installed an SAFC, 290cc injectors and a 14B turbo. Ran the car for 3 years before I had to put back to stock to pass smog with out a single issue. Again that was just my experience.

Hope all works out for ya.