Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

1st gen BBTB for 1.5L sohc accent

Old 08-07-2001, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I would replace the plugs...that can't hurt, but I doubt that is your problem.

I would try to adjust your Idle screw. It may provide a higher idle at cold startup, but that is normal. after 2 minutes it should drop back down.

idle should be 800 RPM +/- 100 RPM.

Try to adjust the idle with the car cold. (saturday morning or right after work before you leave is a good time). See if it still dies often after you adjusted the idle.

My car had the same problem you describe, when I disconnected the VSS from the ECU. (Vehicle Speed Sensor). Have you done this?

Lastly...how did you hook up your tach?
Old 08-07-2001, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know what that quote was about, but im not blaming anyone, what I was trying to say that options and opinions besides my own are helpful.

Ok, the tach I had hooked up to the white wire on my ECM. Got a signal just fine, this is how I was told to do it by autometer as well.

I think I need a special tool to adjust the factory throttle.

Im going to give the car another shot tomorrow on the way to work, see what happens without the larger throttle body.

The setup I had before was a throttle body with a air filter that was poorly positioned right next to the header, and with the weather we have had over here high 80s and 90's and high humidity I wonder if the heat could be a factor, but thats a guess.
Old 08-07-2001, 11:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

Not positive, but I believe Random was just using his name as a pun. You said "it's random", as in the car has no predictable actions. He was joking around by saying you're blaming it on him.
Old 08-07-2001, 11:41 AM

Oh im a smooooooooth one tonight! lol!