HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

wont Start after trans swap

Old 09-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

After my a/t to m/t swap on the Tiburon, I stood around mine for 10 minutes trying to figure out where it wouldn't start. I started tracing any and all wires I could find, then realized I never connected the starter after replacing it.

Check and double check every wire.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 02/Hyundai/Elantra GLS

I've checked and triple checked every.wire and ovals tried a new rely I was thinking it could very the fuse box but they look the same and everything is in the same place but that's just from what I can see it could be wired different on the inside
Old 09-11-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by majik
After my a/t to m/t swap on the Tiburon, I stood around mine for 10 minutes trying to figure out where it wouldn't start. I started tracing any and all wires I could find, then realized I never connected the starter after replacing it.

Check and double check every wire.

What all did you have to change if you can remember so I can compare with what I had changed to see if I could be missiing something
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

There was a wire in the ECU that had to be wired to a 12V constant because it switched from a/t to m/t. Another was in the transaxle to trick the clutch part I think. Pin 81 IIRC, has to do with the battery over charging.

Reverse lamp switch, and new starter. That's all I can remember as far as wiring goes.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 AM

So you kept your auto harness then and if so did you have to use tcm and asking do you have any CEL?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 AM

Update

So last night after a few beers at the bar me and my cousin messed with the car and we got the fuel pump to work by jumping the relay to turn on and now it seems to always come on even if you disconnect the battery so that's one problem solved but the car is still getting no spark any ideas would be great
Old 09-15-2013, 10:49 AM

Update Problem Fixed

ok i have finally fixed the problem and got the car running now just need to sort out CEL and get the car re tuned but the thing that was causing me all my problems was the engine control relay which when tested was working and would click but apparently it didn't work well enough