HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Will accessory gauges in deluxe Tiburon work in base model

Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon
Default Will accessory gauges in deluxe Tiburon work in base model

I recently purchased a 2008 Tiburon (4 cyl., auto), and just purchased the gauges next to the radio (from another Tiburon owner) - will they plug in, and work, when I remove the panel, or will I need other items from Hyundai, in order for these gauges to read engine functions? Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The 3 gauges are fuel consumption, torque and voltage.

The voltage gauge will be the easiest to hook up (tap into something like the cig lighter)

The torque and fuel consumption get their readings directly from the ECU. I'm not 100% sure what pins you would have to tap into, in order for them to work. The GK owner that you bought them from should be able to trace the wires down and tell you where they were connected.

Are you putting the gauges in a pillar pod, or did you get the OEM cluster that holds the gauges under the radio?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

There is no wiring to allow for installation of the multigauges on the non-SE cars.

You can get a conversion harness here that will make things a lot easier, and it's only $18.

You will also need the mounting brackets for the gauges, hopefully the guy you bought them from will send them.