HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Unstable idle, speed needle pinging, car won't start

Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have a 2.0L Tiburon and installed both the 1.8L ECU and intake cam. The ECU gave slight power and mpg increase, and the cam gave a definite power increase above 4k rpm. Definitely works well.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 hyundai coupe

hi all,

i owe it to you guys to post an update with all the info you've been giving me.

well, the tib finally runs! cost me a LOT considering parts are rare here in the Philippines. i was considering ordering an ECU from the US but found out that the ECU you guys have are of different versions of what we have in the Philippines.

I'm currently running on an Elantra 1.8 Siemens ECU and all issues have been fixed. no more dancing tach or speedo needles, no more hard starting, no more hesitations when speeding up / speeding down. no more dying in the middle of a busy highway (that was traumatizing and really affected by confidence in driving the tib ANYWHERE).

Other issues that were addressed were:

a) fuxored torque converter

b) cracked starter

it was a good thing that we also looked at the starter coz we noticed that it already had a developed hairline crack. it was also misaligned hence the really bad noise when we attempted to start the car. the torque converter's "teeth" also had signs of "shred", for lack of a better term. there were metal shavings / debris inside the transmission.

sad new is that i'll be retiring the tib soon. good new is that i'll be turning it into a full time show car one more good thing is that i'll be buying a brand new car.. another korean but not from Hyundai. i'm currently looking at the 2012 Kia Morning / Picanto. might get the 1.2 m/t version >>> http://www.kia.ph/showroom/product/1...anto/features/

thanks for all the help guys