HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Stupid spark plug problems........

Old 12-14-2001, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid spark plug problems........

This is strange. My Tib has a habit of fouling the plugs out after about three months, resulting in low rev missing/ hesitation. It's starting to foul my third set of plugs in 20000 miles, anybody have this problem too or any ideas on what it could be? Maybe I should change the wires?
I don't know.

Thanks for any help!
Old 12-15-2001, 12:16 AM

Have your ignition system checked out may have a faulty ignition coil, wires, bad TPS, have a dealership scan test your ECM. What kind of plugs are you using? we only use NGK's at my dealership.

-alex-
Old 12-15-2001, 12:24 AM

I'm currently using Bosch Platinum 2 plugs.
Other than parking in the dark and revving the piss out of my engine and looking for sparks and arcing, is there any other way to tell what the problem is? I'm almost afraid of going to the dealer on the grounds that they'll give me s$*t about the guages/intake/exhaust. I really appreciate the help, man!
Old 12-15-2001, 01:21 AM

Do you do alot of highway driving? If not, the Bosch 2 Platinums are NOT a good choice. Those plugs are made for mostly highway driving.. If you run them around town, odds are you will foul them out fairly quickly. Stick with NGK's or Denso, and you will be alright.. smile.gif (Psst.. Besides what people say, there is no power increase from changing plugs) rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Old 12-15-2001, 01:29 AM

Thanks for the info, I do only about 25 miles per day on the interstate, and I drive harder than hell on city streets. I'll throw in some NGK's and see what happens.
By the way, guys, thanks a lot for the quick response on this stuff. I remember now why this is my favorite board!
Old 12-15-2001, 01:31 AM

Another thing you can try is to find out what kind of resistance (ohms) each post should have on the coil then test each post on the coil to see if they are the same if one or more is much higher or lower than the rest the coil might or is going bad.