HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

steering wheel assembly

Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 98 excel coupe

Maybe you are the coolest lol. We are going up to the car when hubby gets home. So hopefully we will know this arvo. Just gonna check everything and make sure it's all tight.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:11 PM

Well a few things have happened since I last posted. Here goes hubby got caught drivin on a suspended licence got instantly dismissed from his job. Have been stressed out about how are we gonna pay bills and stuff but thanks to my dad how lent us quite a few dollars. Anyway he lost his job on the 8th did a days work on the 9th. Then started a job on the 13th at Yamaha. Well money worries kinda disappeared for a while so I made a few phone calls about our steering problem. It seems that the excel has a safety feature. When you are involved in an accident there is a couple of nylon clips in the steering coloum which collapse allowing the wheel to move. So when they have pulled on the wheel it is possible that they have broken these clips (1st solution) and the other possible cause could be the bearing in the top of the steering coloum (2nd solution) So we will check both of these and hopefully no more drama's. At least for a little while.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Good luck! It's probably the clips.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Elantra(Dead project) 1986 Golf(Track whore) 2000 Ranger(Daily)

I've heard of the clips, but I didnt think Hyundai had them in the excel. Huh..

Sorry about the job drama, I hope things keep getting better for you!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:42 PM

Well we got a phone call from my mum on Friday nite asking us to go to my sisters house and Saturday. We were all worried what was going on. (maybe cancer you know stuff like that) Was going up there anyway cause that is where our car is. Mind you nothing got done on the car. Anyway mum and dad organised a b.b.q and drinks nite (he bought the booze). Then we started playing cards. Well it was about 11-11.30 when dad stands up and offers to help 4 of us kids help with buying our first home. jawdrop.gif Needless to say we were all put into shock. One of my sisters is due to have a baby anyday now. Thought she was gonna have it last nite after that bomb shell was dropped. Then my other sisters boyfriend asked dad if he minded if he married his daughter (they fight smack.gif like cats and dogs probaly wont last). So yeah still in shock today but everything seems to be coming along just fine.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Elantra(Dead project) 1986 Golf(Track whore) 2000 Ranger(Daily)

Holy ba-jebus!

Bombshell is right...

See what happens when you drink? One more reason why Im never drinking again.. I might end up buying someone a house..
Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Administrator

^^Or marrying them to preserve their honor.

But wow that's exciting!
Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 AM

Maybe I should get dad loaded a bit more often.lol No really he was pretty sober for a change. Dad always helps us out if we need it for an old dude he is pretty cool. Her honor is already screwed they already have a baby (looks like an alien though). Just hope we can find a house we like. We will take our time in looking for one. Just has to have that certain feel about it. You know the one that just sneaks up and whispers in your ear pick me pick me.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I just bought a house about a year ago and I know exactly what you mean. So what are house prices like down there? I've thought about visiting Australia and New Zealand and if I liked it maybe moving down there.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:31 PM

I suppose it depends on what your looking for. how many bedrooms, bathrooms, parking, pool, air con, or just a bit of property, and most importantly what area. We have only just started looking but the rough price for where we are is about 350k-380k. The area we are looking at is close to the Port of Brisbane where all the container ships come in. So yeah pretty close to the water. Would say if you come over for a visit you could stay with us but NOT until we get out of this crappy rental and into something decent. Kinda like try before you buy. happy.gif