HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

RD Tib Fan Trouble

Old 04-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

BTW that diagram I pulled from an 01 tib.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: RD2 Tib

Wow ok HotBlue02 thanks! The 01 should be the same as the 00 (fingers crossed!)

Ok so I've pulled the AC fan relay and thought I'd ask a couple of questions before I move forward. I will take a jumper to the Neg. post on the battery and go to port #2 on the AC fan relay. Where is port #2? I don't want to fry anything else lol And what am I hoping will happen here? Should the car be running while I do this?

Once that is done, i will take a jumper to the Pos. post on the battery and take it to Port 2 on the Rad Fan Relay. Again, should the car be running? What am I looking for to happen?

Sorry, I have never had to tamper with the under-hood fuse box :S

And thanks again for all the help, from me and the Tib
Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM

The car can be off. Port... better yey contact #2 I cant tell ya since I dont have a fuse box to look at but look on the bottom of the relay, or top, some relays number the pins, some may show a diagram of sorts, see what you have. What your doing on the condensor fan is completing the ground circuit and since the schematic shows the fan has power at all times it should kick in. On the radiator fan it is grounded at all time so your gunna complete a power circuit going into contact #2. Both of these test are direct bypasses and the fans should function without fail.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:06 PM

If the relays are blank then you can still look under neath the fuse box housing and look for the right color wire. Not sure about your car but I can disconnect the engine harness plug from the fuse box, remove a couple bolts and have enough play to turn it and get to the bottom. You are looking for a blue with white strip wire at the radiator fan relay and a black wire at the condensor fan relay, I see there are 2 blacks on this one but nothing will fry if you get the wrong one. one is ground coming in, the other is ground going out to your fan.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

if the radiator fan turns on when connected directly to the battery, it has to be a sensor/signal problem telling it to turn on, or a bad connector/plug/wiring. I'm not sure if the A/C fan is suppose to turn on when overheating.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:57 PM

Sorry but I wasn't able to test the relays this weekend. I will do it ASAP! Tomorrow is going to be hot, I'll let you know what happens
Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 PM

just want to make sure I was clear, your bypassing the relays, not testing them.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

if radiator fan wont cut on its only 2 things possible really. fan is broke or relay went bad. its not going to really be anything more then that. dont overcomplicate it, this these RD's its usually the easiest things that go wrong. never really had any major issue with any of mine in this area. but i've had em go bad a few times on all my tibs
Old 04-04-2011, 05:43 PM

Hi guys, I'm really not sure what is going on now.

So I've seen both fans spin when hooked up directly to battery. Last week, the car overheated badly because it was sort of warm outside.

Today was HOT and the car did not overheat? And when I got home both fans were off?

This Tib is playing some sort of trick on me!

Also, I tried to run a wire from the - on the battery to the spot underneath the AC Fan Relay and nothing happened? Am I doing it right? How far into the relay hole should I push the wire
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: hyundai coupe v6 rotrex c30-94

Originally Posted by rd2tibb
Hi guys, I'm really not sure what is going on now.

So I've seen both fans spin when hooked up directly to battery. Last week, the car overheated badly because it was sort of warm outside.

Today was HOT and the car did not overheat? And when I got home both fans were off?

This Tib is playing some sort of trick on me!

Also, I tried to run a wire from the - on the battery to the spot underneath the AC Fan Relay and nothing happened? Am I doing it right? How far into the relay hole should I push the wire
hello i had similair problems with the fan scwitching on after a while i found out it was the connector on the ecu the tensioner on the connector was not good i cleaned contacts and put the tensioner in the right position and the problem was solved it was an easy fix but hard to find hope your problems are the same hope it can help you kind regards arnie from holland