HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

question: wheel spacers + rubbing

Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default question: wheel spacers + rubbing

My Tiburon will look nicer with some good wheel spacers. Are there any spacers that screw on to the stock lugs and have a second set of lugs, or do i have to replace the lugs with longer ones? can any damage be done to the bearings by extending the offset?

once the rims are extended outward, how can i prevent fender rubbing? when the car turns, the rim can especially hit in the front. i've got eibachs and live in a bumpy bumpy place filled with you name it.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yes there are spacers of both styles available.

You can roll the fender lips. That's about all you can do to prevent rubbing unless you go to an ultra stiff spring or make some huge bump stops that'll keep the tire from hitting whatever it's interfering with.

It won't be any harder on your wheel bearings than just having a wheel with that offset to begin with, and it should be moving the mounting face closer to the centerline of the wheel so if anything it should be a bit easier on the wheel bearings.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think your front wheels look about nice, however, your back wheels are the problem. The tiburon has a stock wheel base which is shorter in the rear then the front. You should get some 20mm ones for the rear and call it good. The only problem is if you go too far out, then you may run into some problems. You should measure the rears to find out how far out you can go so that you don't mess up the unibody when you hit a speed bump.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^i always thought it was the body that just stuck out a little. why would they design it that way?

that would be a good solution, it'll be easy on the cost too. ok got it, thanks guys.