HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Power Problem, help out here.

Old 08-26-2001, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Problem, help out here.

My buddy has a problem with his car. His battery is draining, he just got a brand new alternator and brand new battery, and its still doing it. I disconnected all the Sub wiring, fog lights, and everything else which was connected directly to the battery, and it still did it. The only thing else he has connected is his alarm, which he wired into his Fuse Panel (i know...i know...). Would the Alarm be ther Culprit, or could it be something else?
Old 08-27-2001, 02:16 AM

Disconnect the alarm and check, oh actually he should only have to take out the fuse.

Another rout would be to hook up a current meter to check current draw & then pull all fuses one at a time to see when the current drops, this should point to the culprit. Maybe Random can word it better. wink.gif
Old 08-27-2001, 03:52 AM

yea most auto part places will help you diagnose charge related problems for free.
Old 08-27-2001, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

2kWagon has it right. Monitor the draw off the battery as you pull fuses and relays. When the current drop stops...you found the guilty circut.

Sometimes it can also be a bad engine ground strap, or a bad ground somewhere in the system.

Try the parts that always on first. Tail lamps, headlight/parking lights, dome light..etc..etc... It is most likely one of those.