HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

please help!!!

Old 12-09-2002, 11:14 AM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!!!

i had an accident and damaged my "left rear trail arm" and "control arm" i am not usre if the names are right cant remember. I hit a curb ad bent them...and the wheel

My dealer wants 430 to replace those(with parts) and that is ripoff plus they wnat me to do number of other things i dont wnat them to do.

my question is:
how hard is it to replace them myself? is it just a take bolt remove damaged part then put new one back in and put bolts back? is it as simple as that or what?

If you are not sure of what i am talking about it's the thing that is attached to the rear(ther is 2 of them) drum and goes towrds teh center of the car. not the actual drum but close to it.

[ December 09, 2002, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 12-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Those parts shouldn't be that expensive used. Call around to local junkyards. Or call my local yard. (They ship used parts and wheels)
Westway Auto Dismantlers
(310) 719-9520
westwayauto@aol.com
Mention Hanibal and Random sent you.

Your car will need an alignment after you install the new parts.

if you hit the kerb hard enough to break/bend these parts...you should consider having your frame checked.

Now...I want the story as to HOW you slammed a kerb with your drivers side rear wheel hard enough to break these parts and a wheel.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:59 AM
Al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it was snowing , i was doing about 30 or so then some ****head cut me off ....i swerwed lost tractions and slammed sideways in to a curb.

i cant believe that i have to spend my "kit painting money" on this stuff

ill get a picture of that wheel which is trash so as the tire when i get my car back

only problem is that i think dealer already ordered the parts and they ahve my car( i called hyundai roadsides assistance next day to have the car towed) they calso charge 70 buck to find out waht the problem is. dammit i think i'll end up doing it at teh dealer

[ December 10, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 12-10-2002, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you call the dealer now, you can stop the work.

You never authorized those parts (did you?) so you are no required to pay them.

You still need to get the car to somewhere you can work on it. In the dealers lot is NOT the best place.