HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

People with clutch experiance

Old 03-26-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with clutch experiance

This is for anyone who has done these or would know the answer. My automotive friend is doing my clutch flywheel install for me, well everything was going fine till he tried to remove the tranny housing from the motor he said it would move out about an inch and a half from the motor but would not release can someone tell me something they might have missed? Or what it could be and how to get around it??
Any help would be great i miss my car.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

the clutch release lever. Remove the nut holding it on. Lift it up about .25" then rotate it beyond the tranny housing.

with the nut on, a part of the tranny acts as a "stop" to prevent the throwoutbearing from coming off the clutch forks.

You have to rotate the shaft (and clutch forks attached to that shaft) farther to allow the throwout bearing to seperate from the forks. The only way to do this is to remove that nut, and lift up on the release lever about .25" so it clears the tranny housing. Then the forks will move to such an angle that the release bearing will slide off the forks, and the tranny will seperate from the engine.

[ March 26, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 03-26-2003, 10:09 AM

Thanks random i was just scrolling through all the old posts i thought i had seen something like that thanks for the info i called and let him know. You rock random.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:52 AM

yea, i had to post about it also when i did my clutch and flywheel, its a bitch, but then its a easy fix.