HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

One-time no-start

Old 02-04-2003, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One-time no-start

I'm only posting this here to get opinions on what it might have been...

I've gota 2001 Daewoo Leganza with the 2.2 engine, very similar to GM holden and opel 4 cylinder designs. It at the time had 32,000 miles on it, had never had a spot of trouble, only general maintenance every 3500-4000 miles.

One morning, it's about 35 degrees, I go out to start the car. Immediately as it cranks I can tell it's not hitting. I crank for about ten seconds, nothing. I repeat this twice more, and after the third run it hit on one cylinder. I cranked it again and two, then three and all cylinders were running, a little roughly at first, but then it smoothed out and it's never happened again.

It sounded to me like some manner of fuel starvation, like line freeze even though it was just at or above freezing and has been even colder since. Other than that one time, the car starts immediately, runs fine, no unusual noises, performance loss, etc.

Ideas? I can usually troubleshoot and fix just about everything but one-time occurrences leave me hanging because they're... well, one-time.