HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Need some speedy help

Old 08-12-2001, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 tiburon
Default Need some speedy help

Hey guys! I just bought my 99 Tibby FX 5-spd and just about every friggin' honda is trying to race me! I want to know what will give me that extra little boost to get the edge against all of them. I'm looking into buying a MBRP cat-back, AOS CAI, 421 headers, BBT, and a turbocharger. Are these the right things to get and if I need anything else what should I get. I just got done painting parts of my interior by hand and it looks great! If anyone can help please so these honda punks can be left in the DUST!!!!! ò¿Ô
Old 08-12-2001, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Well get your stage one first, CAI, headers, exhaust. I don't see what the problem with Civics is with it stock, but keep on keeping on!

BTW, post some pics of your car, I want to see that interior!
Old 08-12-2001, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I would reccomend (in order)

CAI
Bored Throttle Body
Bored/Polished Intake Manifold
Headers
MBRP or KORE Exhaust
Then new cams.

If you really plan on doing the turbo, don't bother with the headers or exhaust work as you will have dump the headers for a turbo manifold and re-do the exhaust work for the turbo.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:20 AM

I found over at HDK a 63mm BBTB. Would I be able to bore my IM to match that? Also, Random, are you really satisfied with your Turbo and with the gains that it gave you? What were the exact gains? I have looked at every turbo posting on this forum smile.gif I know that Speed State is trying to make a Turbo kit that has everything and it should be out in the Spring. Well, thanks if you can help!
Old 08-13-2001, 07:10 AM

That BTB at HDK looks to me as if it has a large mouth and then reduces diamiter at the thoat (where it connects to the IM)
Old 08-13-2001, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Phantom:
I found over at HDK a 63mm BBTB. Would I be able to bore my IM to match that? Also, Random, are you really satisfied with your Turbo and with the gains that it gave you? What were the exact gains?

The IM can be bored out to about 75 MM, so the IM is not your problem. Port/gasket matching the IM and polishing it would also be advised. Extrude hone will polish the inside of the IM, and gasket match the ends of the intake runners for $400. Or...Send it to Onpol for about $200, he will polish the last 6" or so of the intake runners and gasket match the IM, plus bore out the opening on the IM.

63 seems a tad too large...but is only 4mm of difference between that and Onpol's usual bore job of 58mm. For the money, I would stick with onpol's bore job of a stock unit to 58mm for about $175.

The turbo bugs have been about 75% worked out. I don't have exact power figures as my usual dyno place is out of business (pout). Once I source a new spot, I will have a dyno run and post it for everyone.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:49 PM

Cool, thanks a lot with all the info! I will have some pics of the interior soon. I just got a digital camera today! smile.gif