HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

need Hyundai transmission?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 hyundai tucson
Default need Hyundai transmission?

Hello,

Please excuse my ignorance but I recently inherited from my brother who passed away a 2006 Hyundai Tucson; its history: a mechanic who works for Toyota installed an aftermarket non-Hyundai transmission because the original had problems. It has not been driven.

My question is: would it damage the vehicle to have a non-Hyundai transmission in it? Should I take it to a Hyundai dealership & have a Hyundai transmission installed?

Thanks for any advice you can share about this...
Old 09-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Please stop posting in multiple threads with the same question. It makes you look like some sort of weird spammer/bot thing.

A non-hyundai trans in a Tuscon? I would say that it was a rebuilt hyundai trans if anything. No one makes a compatible transmission for it... pics?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: 2006 hyundai tucson

Originally Posted by WytchDctr
Please stop posting in multiple threads with the same question. It makes you look like some sort of weird spammer/bot thing.

A non-hyundai trans in a Tuscon? I would say that it was a rebuilt hyundai trans if anything. No one makes a compatible transmission for it... pics?

Sorry, I am new to this, won't happen again...I need an answer fast because this week I must fly to another city to pick up this vehicle and decide whether to drive it back 600 miles or get the transmission replaced there and wait for the work to be done.

Thanks for your assistance!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

have the car checked out before driving it back just to be safe. I agree, prob just a REBUILT transmission.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Look here for more replies. https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...arketorg-jane/

I don't think you need to worry about the transmission.