HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

exhaust dilemma...Random.plz help

Old 03-19-2003, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust dilemma...Random.plz help

Hello all, I have a 2001 automatic Tibby with an AEM CAI and a MBRP catback and a recently upgraded torque converter.(they were put on in that order) The CAI helped a lot, then when I put the catback on, it severely limited my low end torque so I upgraded my torque converter and its still kinda sluggish. I want to change my exhaust to an Apex N1 muffler with a silencer (cuz my current exhaust annoys me) My question is does anyone have the Apex N1 muffler. I saw in Importtuner how it had like 2.7whp and 8.3wtq. Do you guys think this will help my low end torque? Or better, what is the best muffler out for a tibby that has the best low end torque gains with a silencer? thanks ahead of time
Old 03-19-2003, 11:05 AM

i dont believe just a muffler will give u those kinda gains....maybe u were reading about thier catback exhaust?
Old 03-19-2003, 11:10 AM

yeah, sorry about that, it was their catback, but nonetheless it showed impressive torque gains. Basically, I'm looking for the best low end torque muffler (since I all ready have the MBRP midpipes) without going back to stock. Any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

unfortunately, we really don't have any dyno's to compare exhaust setups.

We've got batlord's before/after dyno of the Kore catback. But I can't think of anyone's before/after dyno of the MBRP catback.

If someone knows of one(and it's also an automatic), we can compare the 2 dynos and see if the problem is the MBRP or ???

I really doubt you've got a low end/midrange problem, but only a dyno would show it.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:18 PM

I would rekon you'd find more gains cleaning up the front
of the exhaust system instead of the 2nd last piece.

Random, perhaps dyno results of individual parts could be
added to the FAQ. I'm sure theres been lots of dyno'n in the last few
years, need to put the word out.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:10 AM

Does anyone know of or has a silencer on the MBRP catback system. I also want to reduce the noise, otherwise I'll get a quieter muffler such as Magnaflow.