HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Engine not starting

Old 12-14-2002, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine not starting

I nedd help in the sorst possible way!!!! The Super Duper Accent is dead. It won't start. It will crank but not start (run). Any and all Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh btw, it's getting fuel, but no spark.

For those who don't know it's a 2k1 Accent 1.6L Alpha GL-Turbo.

PLEASE!!

Sorry for the caps
Old 12-14-2002, 07:13 AM

i was thinking maybe your timing chain, but you said you're getting fuel. hmmm... no spark, eh? have you replaced the plugs/wires? maybe your coils are bad. i dunno, i'm just throwing stuff out there.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:18 AM

I took the Accel Coils off and put the stock coils back on and still no spark.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:28 AM

It mite be ur ignition switch, hav you check all of ur fuses, anything is possible, check even the smallest things
Old 12-15-2002, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Sent to me by lobert via e-mail
[b]I was hooking the SMT5 piggyback unit up in the car. I used the TPS (t'ed) , front O2 Sensor(t'd), MAP sensor (intercepted), and the cam sensor (t'ed). Once I did this the car wouldn't start. so I disconnected the unit and now the car won't start either.
I thought the SMT5 wanted a motronic signal for timing. That means you should have hooked it up to the crank position sensor, not the Cam Position sensor. The Cam Position sensor only sends a "home" event once every 2 crank rotations (720 degrees)

The car will start wthout TPS and 02 sensor. I would quadruple check the MAP sensor and CAM sensor wires. Make sure a signal is getting PAST your wire work.

If I had to guess, I would put my money on the Cam Position Sensor. Since you say you are NOT getting spark, that means ignition/timing...which would be the Cam Position sensor. Needless to say, also check all fuses in the engine compartment and passenger compartment.

[ December 15, 2002, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Random ]