HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Desperately Need Help...

Old 04-02-2003, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperately Need Help...

Ok, well about a month ago, me and Random installed KYB GR-2 struts onto my car. I waited about a month, and went today to get the wheels aligned. First I went to Pep Boys and they said that they don't align lowered cars. I went to a few other places and they said the same thing. Then I went to GoodYear Tires and they checked out my car. They said that in order for them to align it, they had to install some kind of kit on each wheel. Each of the kits cost $165 so a total of $625. Then once they put the kits on each wheel, they could align it. Has anybody else had this problem after installing struts onto your cars??!!?!?!? It sounds ridiculous!!! Please help! What should i do?

Does anybody know places near Irvine, or L.A that aligns lowered cars?
Old 04-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Okay, first off, unless they put your car up on the alignment rack, they don't know if you car needs anything.

Second off, no, you don't want to go back to any of those places.

At most, you will need adjustable camber bolts. Eibach has adjustable camber bolts for $25 each available from www.tirerack.com (you'll need 4, one for each strut) or

sprint springs makes them for the tibby, a set of 4 runs $55 bucks from www.suspensionmax.com

You won't know if you need them until someone puts your car up on and alighment rack and checks your current setup. As of when I did your springs/struts, you looked okay to the naked eye, but only a 4 wheel alighment will tell for sure.

[ April 02, 2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 04-02-2003, 10:18 AM

Random, do you know any places that will align lowered cars? Where did you go to align your car?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:20 AM

Random, do you know any places that will align lowered cars? Where did you go to align your car?