HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

CAR WONT TURN ON

Old 10-29-2001, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAR WONT TURN ON

ok my alarm has been jacked up all night
going off for no reasons
got so tired of it i cut off the wires to the horn
now
im way too late for school
one i disarm my alarm its ok
i try to turn the b**** on and the lights flicker fast like a MOFO,... it has a strobe light on steriods kind of effect
along with this,... it has a continous clicking noise that is continious with the durgged out strobe light effect
after all this the alarm goes off
can someone please help so i can get this bitch moving again
thanx
Old 10-29-2001, 01:40 AM

dis arm your alarm.
that's what happen to me once
Old 10-29-2001, 02:06 AM

it wont disarm
this friking alarm is whack
at least i got it free
i tried disconnecting the battery for a while to see if that would reset the alarm
but nope
didnt work
dam from FX told me the starter was not getting enough curren... and the alarm does have a kill switch
the only thing now is how to remove it
Old 10-29-2001, 02:16 PM

easy fix for the time being find the brain and disconnect all the plugs this will disable your alarm from interacting with your car. Now you cut the siren wire, are you sure you didn't cut anything else? It sounds like a short in the alarm or shock sensor did you by chance cut the starter kill wire by mistake? Another thing to try either replace the battery in your remote (even if the light on the remote still lights) or as barbaric as it might seem bang the remote of something I have had to do this from time to time and it worked.
Old 10-29-2001, 04:17 PM

dam my spelling was screwed up earlier today,...
well i did cut off the horn wires
im sure of that
we think the alarm had a screwed up sensor
this was causing it to go off an on during the night
the flickering of the lights was caused by the starter,... since it didnt have enough juice to turn on it kept going in and out causing a machine gun type noise
"the battery was low due to the fact that the alarm was silently going off all night"
well now my car is very sluggish when i turn it on
it seems like its about to die,...
it cant be the battery although it is still probably low and hasnt fully rechaged
plus if it was the battery it would
1. not even turn on at all
or
2. make that clicking noise again
im thinking its the starter,... since it didnt have enough juice in the morning it keep going and going and going
im thinking it was stressed too much
i dont know
i disconnected my battery for the night, just incase it is the battery,... i want to have enough juice to start her up in the morning
Old 10-29-2001, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

It is the battery, it has not gotten to full charge yet. If it was the starter, you would get the click click click sound again, or just a "whir" sound as a starter with no teeth spun against the flywheel.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:32 PM

I agree with random it is the battery it happened to me before. When starting your car the starter need 100% power from the battery that why it's said to make sure your radio, heater, lights etc are off so the starter has what it need because over time (along period of time) it will cause damage to the battery. What is happening with your alarm (putting asside the alarm might be bad which I highly doubt) is the battery starts to die or is almost there and the alarm keeps sensing the power fluctuation and thus triggers the alarm but every time the alarm goes off it drops the battery alittle more then when the alarm shuts down and resets itself it notices the power fluctuation again and repeats the process and will continue to do so until the battery is completly dead or you get a new battery or recharge it but with recharging check first because the battery might be to far gone (deep cycled) to hold a good charge or even one at all. But like I said if you are still concerend that it is the alarm find the brain and disconnect all of the plugs from it this will eleiminate the alarm as the problem altogether.
Old 10-30-2001, 02:10 PM

well what i did is disconnect the alarms sensor (which i think was causing the problem in the first place)
as for the battery,... its low real low
you and random kick ass,... you guys bulls-eyed it
i think your right jaws,... i think its at the point of no return
im going to drive to anaheim tommorow which is about a 30 min drive,... if that doesnt solve it a bit then im just getting another one,...
i was charging it today and at the first start it was just like normal
the second and third started getting more and more sluggish
if tommorow morning i see an inprovement then im keeping it
if it takes more than 1 try to turn it on,... then im scrapping the bastard
but thanx guy for your help
im going to fix that sensor on the weekend,... since i have other car stuff to do to
as well as hooking my underglow kit to the ARM wire of the alarm,... so everytime i activate my alarm my underglow will light up for a brief 2 secs
Old 10-31-2001, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I'll sell you my "monster" battery at a discount so I can get a smaller one! wink.gif
Old 10-31-2001, 05:38 AM

sounds good
but wait,... i forgot why you were complaining about it last time???? what was wrong,... did it not fit on the stock plate???
either way,... my christmas tree shark is going to need a better power source,...cause,... well,... yea,... im getting more lights
i think i need to go to a psychologist,... me and blue lights,...
lol
ill try to figure out my new intake design this weekend,... so maybe that will free up some room, because remember we had to shift the battery tray so that stupid weapon r flex hose can fit in that hole
well ill see
im trying to find a way to make it bend in more without having to switch the main elbow pipe,... i know the stock one will do the trick but it will kill the "blue" look,...although.........
i think i got it

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]