Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   HELP Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/)
-   -   Car alarm.. (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/help-forum-21/car-alarm-18670/)

BayTib13 04-08-2010 06:56 AM

Yea, we changed every sensor over, including coil packs

And we tried starting it with my dad's truck hooked up to it, and it was stil a no go. evyerthing would light up and turn on, ie. my headlights, interior lights, all my gauge lights, and once the alarm went off, my hazards. as soon as we pulled it off, they'd go dim and then the battery'd die.

I'm probably going to go over there and look at it soon, i'll let you guys know how it goes

faithofadragon 04-08-2010 08:00 AM

pull the alarm out and fix the wires they were tapped into

alarms are only like 5 wires anyways

BayTib13 04-08-2010 10:38 AM

I actually just finished doin that haha, all that's left is I'm waiting on my dad to get home with his wiring stuff, to cut it and splice the ignition back together. Here's a picture of everything (the relay is still in because I didnt cut it so he'd know what to look for)

https://i760.photobucket.com/albums/...3/IMGP0640.jpg

187sks 04-08-2010 02:02 PM

You should be good to go now. Let us know.

sharkrocket 04-08-2010 07:35 PM

cool.gif Hmm Interesting. cool.gif

BayTib13 04-09-2010 08:56 PM

Ok, so I got the alarm stripped out, took the relay out and spliced the ignition back together..but we have a problem.

The engine is turning over, actually sounds pretty bad@$$ with just headers..can hear the pistons hitting and it sounds like a friggen drum..such an awesome sound..but anyway, it'll turn over, but it wont fire..and also, my gas pump seems to not be feeding fuel through. we disconnected it from the fuel rail, and sure enough when we tried turning it over, nothing came out. so then we tried puttin fuel in, then puttin the plugs in, then starting..still no fire. so we decided to test the wires..no arc..so we got my dad's meter and checked the fuses, they're all fine, checked the plug that connects to the coil pack..it was reading 12V, so that's fine, but when we tried checking the coil pack..stuck the positive in it, and the ground we just placed against a spot to ground it..and then tried crankin it for long enough that it would've gone through all of em..and it never once jumped from 0..

So, are there any other ways to check for a bad coil pack? and if it's bad, does anyone have one that they would be willing to ship? We can get one from the dealership but it'd be about 90$, plus about 15$ in gas..and wont be able to get it for at least a week, possibly two..if anyone has one, please let me know.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what would cause the ecu to not let it fire?

187sks 04-10-2010 10:49 AM

Check the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor.

You can check the wiring to the coil pack to see if the ECU is sending a signal. Don't buy new coil packs until you verify that the ECU is sending a signal, because it probably isn't.

BayTib13 04-10-2010 11:10 AM

How do you check those two sensors? I know where they're at, but not what they're supposed to look like inside.

My dad's got a friend with stuff for checking the ecu (the obd and all that), he's comin out like thursday or somethin, but i;'d like to have it done before then haha

187sks 04-11-2010 02:30 AM

If you're getting your hands on an OBDII scanner which displays live data you may be able to check for a cranking rpm display while turning the engine over. Short of that check to be sure that everything is plugged into them correctly and that the crank sensor is for the Beta I. Beyond that you'll have to find a DIY for checking the sensors. Webtech might have a procedure.

BayTib13 04-11-2010 11:21 AM

Alright, thank you. Do you know if the first o2 sensor being unplugged would keep it from firing?