HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Battery dead

Old 11-04-2002, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery dead

Hey all,
Nice new forums. Haven't been around in a while. Work got really busy and home repairs kept me from working on my car too much.

However, last night my battery died. It was fine on Saturday morning. Not used Sunday. Last night I needed a jump to get to my hockey game (about a 20 minute drive). there about 2 hours and then it wouldn't start again. I'm sure it's the weather change.

So, any recommendations on a smaller, lighter battery I could replace this one with?

Thanks,
ac
Old 11-05-2002, 12:14 AM

Dood on ebay been selling Optima Orange Tops for baout $80 then $30 shipping and handling.

It comes charged and ready to use.

750CC and 105RC

I am liking it alot.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Very small, very light, dry cell battery
Dyna Batt
Old 11-14-2002, 04:29 AM

Dont buy Optima Batteries, they dont really have any advantage over our other batteries( Interstate Exec told me). He said they really are not the type of battery you get for norm. applications. The only thing about them is that they are shock resistent, and waterproof. They dont really give you more power. What they do is add extra coils which yes do have a higher rated capacity, but a shorter life. Your car wont use what it doesnt need, but if you have an application such as a Rule all stereo hook up or any thing else that requires more than your car can dish out then this is the battery U need. Otherwise dont waste your money on what you dont really need(thats just how I feel). smile.gif