HELP Forum Car won't start, Spark Plug Melted? Car throwing sparks down as you drive down the road? Ask your car questions here.

Ack! I screwed up.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ack! I screwed up.

Hey guys, my question is will my head light housing be okay if i lost the round back piece that twists on? I'm sure it's there to seal up the housing to keep dirt and moisture out but uh, i forgot to put it on after checking my bulbs and i took off...it's probably one with nature now somewhere off interstate 295.

I can't get to the junk yard until sat. so will it be okay till then or should i just no worry about it?
Old 03-12-2003, 11:21 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I think that piece only serves to keep the bulb and wiring harness snug up against the headlight housing, and to make sure the bulb stays put. You will probably be fine to wait until the weekend to get another, but I wouldn't leave it for too long.

smile.gif
Old 03-13-2003, 05:37 AM

thanks man! I didn't think my car would die but i just don't want to contaminate my headlight house with dirt/particulates. I'm goin to the junk yard sat. so hopefully i'll find a replacement. maybe some rear hubs w/caliper and rotor from a fx to replace my drums. Its time to replace my brakes back there but i HATE drums.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

No problem...
I hear you about the rear drums... good luck in your search.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:09 PM

hmmm, i think it may cause pre-mature burn-out of the light bulb. I lost mine, and then my bulb burnt out. well i would suggest just going to a dealership and getting on. I believe they are about $3-4 bucks. not to expensive, so you are lucky.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:44 PM

oh yeah really cheap at the junk yard. The one armed old guy at a junk yard around here didn't charge me anything.

The tib i snatched the housing cover had discs. so i tried to unbolt the spindle (without WD40, Doh!) and i was only successfull with ONE bolt near the rear of the spindle connecting one of the dual links from the center of the car to it. Acutally the only thing that came off was the nut. I couldn't even get the bolt out!!! The damn bushing wouldn't let me! Oh well, to keep from hijacking my own post i'll post a new one up regarding this issue....