Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Who has had lasik/laser eye surgery? Input wanted!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Accent
Default Who has had lasik/laser eye surgery? Input wanted!

Whats up folks, who here has had their vision problems (nearsight/farsight/astigmatism/etc) corrected by laser eye surgery? Now ive done my research and understand how the procedure works and what is to be expected and what not. My question is for those who have have it done and how long have results lasted? Have your eyes maintained good 20/20 vision or have they gone bad again? Now i understand once most people reach age 40+ their lenses lose the ability to focus near objects hence they need reading glasses and thats something Lasik/laser eye surgery cant correct since the surgery reshapes the cornea and doesnt mess with the lens....so thats normal "old age vision" and they will need reading glasses but vision to see far/distant objects can and still will be good.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciation.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Not lasik, but I have had laser surgery to stop bleeding in my eyes from diabetic retinopathy. If it feels the same, it hurts like a mo^#erf*@ker!!!! Think it through first. Glasses and contacts aren't that bad, lol!