Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

what's the best way to go about working the core/abs out

Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon
Default what's the best way to go about working the core/abs out

how often and which 3-5 should I be doing?

right now I just do medicine ball twists, leg ups and inclined crunches twice a week after my back/bicep and chest/tricep workouts
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Do it every day. Those are good exercises; obliques, upper, and lower. You can throw in some weights, such as resting a 5lb weight on your chest while doing incline crunches. Do them faster rather than slower to get blood flowing and more work in the muscles.

If they become too simple, mix it up with speed or another motion between the rep. When I do incline sit-ups, I hold a 10kg kettle ball on my chest (~20lbs?). When I was able to do 30 without stopping, I started side-touches with the kettle bell to throw some obliques in there -- up, down, left, right... up, down, left, right as fast as I could. It made me sweat A LOT more.

My favorite exercise is laying on the ground, holding a medicine ball or large bounce ball over your head, doing a full sit-up and throwing the ball to another person (or against a wall) and holding the set-up until they pass it back, then laying back down. It's usually an immediate touch-pass, you don't sit there for 3-5 seconds and rest. This gave me cramps in my abs the first few times I did it, man it felt good! You can use a bouncy ball or basketball if you want to use a wall instead of a partner.

Maybe try some planks. When you're able to hold it for a full 90 seconds, try switching to side planks where you rest on one forearm with your abs perpendicular to the floor.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

Doing these exercises every day.

http://zuzkalight.com/