Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Sleep Paralysis

Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Elantra
Default Sleep Paralysis

The other day I had a weird "dream" where I was, essentially, paralyzed. I remember laying down in bed trying to move my arms/legs but I just couldn't. I started to panic but I was unable to speak or even make a sound. Within a few minutes though I regained full control over my body again. At the time I thought it was just a dream and didn't give it too much thought.

Last night though, while taking a break from writing a report, I decided to google it to see what I'd come up with. I found out that I was in a state of "sleep paralysis", where basically your mind wakes up but your body is still asleep. I did not experience any hallucinations or anything of that sort, although they appear to be common during sleep paralysis. zzz4.gif

Anyone else experience anything like this?
Old 03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've had sort of the opposite, where I wake up and sit up but I'm still dreaming while awake. One time i saw a HUGE spider (like 2ft+) and freaked out. Another I saw like a giant atom spinning in the air.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon FX

nothing to that extreme but it does remind me of sometimes when im in a deep sleep my arms and legs and pretty much my whole body just gets very....heavy almost like im melting into the mattress and it can sometimes be difficult to lift my limbs, but its not like the heavy feeling you get when your arm falls asleep while your sleeping. very wierd