Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

nose bleeds

Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default nose bleeds

Does anyone else get nose bleeds alot? I think my apartment has too much dry air and its doing something to my sinuses. Would a humidifer help any?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:04 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited

When I was younger, I use to get them a lot. I used simply saline or any nasal spray that just moistened my nasal cavity.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:34 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent

I wonder if you could try one of those little mister/humidifer things that normally only help one room, and maybe put it in your bedroom when you go to bed?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I use to get them all the time, I pretty much grew out of them though. I use saline nasal spray though if I feel things starting to get dry. Higher elevations (over about 6000 feet) still give me nosebleeds though.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

It can also be a genetic thing. i have had nosebleeds growing up. sometimes very bad. its got to due with the blood vessels closes to the lining of the nose. keeping the air moist does help some such as if you have thin lining and its dry it could crack and boom nose bleeds.

The best thing i have found to do if thats the case is to figure out if its on the cartilage side or far side, helps with where you need to put pressure to stop it and then build up a scab and let it go. They itch like hell so you have the urge to blow your nose but dont. Keep damp to keep the scab flexible. It takes about a month or so of discipline.

They are more of a pain then anything else. good luck with that.