Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

P90x

Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default P90x

Has anyone tried this yet? I've been hearing some really good things about it...

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_p...A_FEATURED_P90X
Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

it's just DVDs right?

I have a feeling it's going to show you variations of workouts that you could easily find in magazines like men's health or other fitness magazines. It'll tell you to eat right but you already know that. it's going to tell you not to give up and keep working out.

i think you'd be best off with a gym membership and a workout buddy.

My room mate uses http://www.calorieking.com/ they have a database of almost anything you'll eat with all the nutritional info to help you make sure you're eating right.

I think you might just want to get a friend who is just as interested as you in getting in shape and make sure you crack the whip on each other when it comes to slacking off.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Doc

P90X if you do it you will loose weight, look much better, and feel better too.

What I recommend to those interested in a healthier lifestyle:

1. Drink plenty of water (preferably distilled water)
2. Eat fresh fruits (juices don't count) and vegetables
3. Eat Nuts/chicken/turkey/fish (wild)/occasionally red meat
4. High fiber
5. Complex carbohydrates
6. Exercise 20-30 minutes every other day consistently (consistently is the key word).

Avoid:
soda's, candy, juice, chicken skin, fatty foods, greesy foods, fried foods, smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption (more than 2 beers/glasses of wine/day).

Occasionally having 1 serving of icecream/cookies (bakery items) or a very occasional soda or juice is ok. When I go for icecream I get a baby cone (that's one whole serving size).

P90X works if you do it!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

^ agree with Doc on consistency ^

Josh - did you ever get into P90x? Watching the infomercials, It looks like it would work as long as you do it.

I lost 10 pounds in 2 months, working out 3x/week... then I got too busy and stopped for 3 weeks, gained it back fast. It's always a cycle with me sad.gif I need to lose about 30lbs. but would be happy with 10-15. My problem is I love to lift weights, and it's not easy to lose weight while gaining weight. Maybe I need to reverse my ratio to 25% weights and 75% cardio.

btw.,.. good to see you're still around Doc!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I havent gotten into yet. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week. Whent he weather was warm, I was running every morning before work for a few miles, and then going to the gym at night to do weight training. But since its colder out, I'm not running in the morning any more. So now when I do go to the gym, I find myself doing a 50/50 mix between all cardio and all weight training. One day, I'll do strictly cardio stuff and nothing else. The next weight training, and so on. I keep it consistant with the back and forth.

I have a full 6 pack of abs, and I'm cut....but I want to lean up a little more by spring time. We'll see how it goes I guess.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

the good thing about P90x is it changed the workout up and as well it comes with a book that tells you what you should eat of what. For example 3 portions of protein, 1 of carbs and 1 of fat. Gives you examples of it as well. I know a guy who followed it right on doing it exactly and it's amazing the change. The good part is you don't need that much in terms of equipment.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>soda's, candy, juice, chicken skin,</div>

aww damn........... what if you work it off? i'm taking a cardiovascular class and i hear lipids and cholesterol is only bad if you don't burn it off.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:43 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Accent

Well yea but, soda's and candy dehydrate you like crazy.