Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

kayaking?

Old 02-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Sonatta 2.7L
Default kayaking?

So I was just wondering if anybody here was into kayaking? I plan to get into it in the spring since i hear its a great way to get in shape and have been shopping around for a decent used kayak to save a little money. What's good? What all will I need? and let's see any pics you may have. Right now I'm looking at an Emotion Glide and an Old Town Vapor 10XT. Opinions?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 99 Red Tib

I went last year with some friends. It kicks the sh*t out of your arms and shoulders. I dont have any feedback on whats a good kayak to get but you will definitely get a great work out from it.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

I did some on the east coast a few summers ago, nothing crazy, just cruising around on a lake but it was way fun. You'll have to get a subaru so you can throw your kayak on it while you munch on granola bars.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

This is something I have considered getting into as well since they are light weight and extremely manuverable. Think the expensive part would be having a rack installed!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I've never kayaked, but I did canoe a lot. If kayaking is as fun as canoeing it'll be great. Sometime I'll buy a kayak, I want to hit the white water, that's tough in a canoe. I can get a canoe over some pretty rough rivers though.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Doc

It gives you a great workout... I like whitewater kayaking and also taking it to surf the ocean waves. This year I'm planning to quite a bit of playboating...

Purchasing a 2010 Jackson All star kayak about 1 month ago. I'm going to try and learn to do most of what they do in the video's in the link provided below....do a search on google and you'll see videos of people doing flips in these.

Here's a link to some videos...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=jack...ed=0CBYQqwQwAw#