Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Gloves, wraps, or chalk

Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 V6 Tib
Default Gloves, wraps, or chalk

What do you guys all use when you lift at the gym? Gloves, wraps, chalk or nothing at all?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I typically use my bare hands, i have used gloves in the past but noticed without them my forearms have gotten stronger...

When im doing heavy deadlift (400+lbs) i like to use the wrist straps, since i cant physically hold as much weight as i can deadlift, but for everything else i like to just go 'al naturale' lol

I tried hooks before that strapped to your wrists but didnt like em at all, but it wasnt the most expensive brand so who knows...
Old 09-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 02/hyundai/accent

for any type of clean exercise i use chalk. for things that dont rip your hands apart as much like benching i just go bare hand. for dead lift i use straps. by going bare hand during your back and bicep workouts you work your forearms more than you would with gloves because you dont want the bar to slip so you tend to curl your wrists up and it works your forearms which is an added bonus to your workout.