Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

fast vs slow pushups?

Old 05-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Track
Default fast vs slow pushups?

I usually do them on the slower side, but not a super slow rate. Fast push-ups really aren't the best because you're going to have to sacrifice some form to consistently stay at a high speed. I think methodical, but not exactly slow is the best way to do push-ups. How do you guys normally do them?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I go as fast as I can with good form. You don't have to go FAST, but moving quicker causes more blood/oxygen movement through your muscles. Keep in mind these are fast twitch muscles. Are you going to hit a punching bad slowly? Of course not. You want explosive power in these muscles.

I think going slower would honestly harm my form more than going quick. When you start to lose form, stop.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 AM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

There is no right/wrong answer. Like many things working out, it is more about what are you wanting out of it. Sometimes slow is better, sometimes fast is better, what is your goal? knowing that can help give you a more accurate answer about which is better for those goals. You can also do close handed vs wide handed? Again, what is your goal?