Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Calorie Question

Old 05-21-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '12 Boston Red Veloster
Default Calorie Question

I tend to eat my calories right before or after the new day starts as that's how my schedule has came to be. But I read you should consume 50% of your calories post workout. What if I have no calories left or only a little by the time I get to my workout? Does it make a difference for anything like fat loss/muscle retention?

And yes I'm referring to intermittent fasting.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm not sure specifically what you're referring to, but fasting doesn't seem good for muscle retention.

You need protein after a workout to feed the muscles and allow them to repair, as well as other nutrients and vitamins. The makeup of your nutrition is more important than its caloric value.

Also, fat loss will directly correlate to what you put in your body. If you consume a lot of fat, it's harder to lose fat. If you don't consume fat/sugar, then there's very little to replace what you've burned, assuming you're burning fat.