Health, Body, & Wellness Got questions about your health or an ailment? Maybe just looking to figure out what nutrition program is right for you? Ask away in here, as Hyundai Aftermarket's resident medical advisor answers your questions.
For more info, please go to http://www.dcberk.com

Do you feel like you get upset too much over minor silly events in life?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Do you feel like you get upset too much over minor silly events in life?

Something that I have really been thinking about lately. When I was 15-19.. I was an a**hole. I would complain my school messed things up for me at points... I would get upset over a girl.. Would Got mad when somebody said something mean about me.. I finally have totally let go of all of that.. and am now really loving life .. I'm breathing.. No health problems.. I can't complain. I mean there are so many freaking ways your life you could be terrible, living in a horrible country.. or being diagnosed with a disease.. but maybe this complaining makes sense for some people.. as being forced to live in this world is a punishment.. Honestly though.. I'm frustrated with how much time I wasted in the past.. and now I try to take each day and live in the present, taking in everything I can.

I really think we all complain to much as humans, including myself. Do any of you feel maybe you have been just getting to upset over dumb things lately?

It's really hard for me now to get mad at a bad day when I realize somebody is dying of cancer at that very moment.. and other horrible things around the world.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I had trouble with that, but I've gotten a lot better. Prozac helped a lot.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Medication can help, but it won't get rid of the problems. I think people become sad because of the financial struggles they go through life. I think everything resorts to money because money allows for luxuries such as traveling and meeting other people.

Life is like swimming. Ordinary people float on top to stay on top. If they paddle throughout life, they'll stay afloat and eventually get picked up by a boat. Sad or financially and emotionally constrained people will stop paddling for a while and every time they do, they sink a little deeper and it's that much harder to swim to the top.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

You can make the choice to be happy in life, regardless of your external circumstances. When humans are sad or angry, we tend to ruminate and let these frustrations swirl around and repeat themselves in our domes. I find that the best way to deal is to be pragmatic and just rationally weigh up and solve life's problems.

Also; I find it far too easy to distract myself from problems (via tv, internet, reading etc) and just exist in a mildly frustrated purgatory. It's important to recognise that, then move on to logically solve what is bothering you.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

"The past is only good in the present to help the future." - me

I just finished listening to Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" on audio book, and it was incredible. Definitely worth a read (or listen) to deal with a lot of normal stresses and worries. Or at least read the cliff notes on it:

http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/2008/07...living-review/

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/...-start-living/